End Polio Now
Donate to End Polio
Your donation helps Rotary and its partners reach every child with the polio vaccine. Thanks to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, your contribution will be tripled, getting us even closer to a polio-free world. Since 1988, we’ve seen a worldwide reduction in polio cases of 99.9%. For more than three years, we’ve seen wild polio cases in only two countries, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
5 REASONS WHY WE MUST ERADICATE POLIO
- TO IMPROVE LIVES. Today, 19 million people who would otherwise be paralyzed by polio are walking, and 1.5 million people who would otherwise have died are alive.
- TO INVEST IN THE FUTURE. If all eradication efforts stopped today, within 10 years, polio could paralyze as many as 200,000 children each year. A polio free world will be a healthier world for children everywhere
- TO IMPROVE CHILD HEALTH. Polio surveillance networks and vaccination campaigns also monitor children for other health problems, like vitamin deficiency and measles, so we can address them sooner. The global effort to eradicate polio has already saved more than $27 billion in health care costs since 1988, and expects to save $14 billion more by 2050.
- TO LOWER HEALTH CARE COSTS. Polio eradication will be one of history’s greatest public health achievements, with polio following smallpox to become only the second human disease eradicated from the world.
- TO MAKE HISTORY. Polio eradication will be one of history’s greatest public health achievements, with polio following smallpox to become only the second human disease eradicated from the world.
FUNDING IS CRUCIAL TO ERADICATING POLIO
Throughout the fight to end polio, we’ve shown what can be done when we draw on our collective strengths. A polio-free world is possible, but we can achieve it only by taking action together.
IMMUNIZE more than 400 million children against polio every year
IMPROVE disease surveillance systems to detect any poliovirus in a person or the environment
HIRE more than 150,000 health workers to go door to door to find every child If polio isn’t eradicated, within 10 years, hundreds of thousands of children could be paralyzed. Global health care costs would rise dramatically, and the quality of life for people affected by the disease would be drastically diminished.
YOUR DONATION WILL SAVE LIVES AND GIVE CHILDREN A CHANCE AT A HEALTHY FUTURE. LEARN MORE AT endpolio.org